Thursday, May 9, 2013

Classmate’s Article Commentary


On April 26, one of my classmates published in the Political Texans Blog a commentary called “Future Austin Compost Regulations,” this commentary is based in the article published at Austin American Statesman about composting rules for the small business.  I totally agree with my classmate’s commentary because the city of Austin is developing projects for the future to improve the living conditions and clean the environment.
            Composting is a mixture of decaying organic matter as from leaves and manure; it is used to improved soil structure and provides nutrients.  The city of Austin has the idea to collect all this compost and picked up from each location.  As my classmate mention in the comment “This new regulation is to help the city of Austin achieve its zero waste goal by 2040.”
            I think that my classmate bring a very good commentary about the excellent idea from the city of Austin, first because most of the people is concerned about the environment and second because master gardeners believe that compost is great for improving the soil.

No comments: